Thursday, April 12, 2007

God Sightings in India



I returned last week from India (and am feeling fine, thank you) and an incredible time with Christian brothers in Maharashtra state. The work of Grace Bible College was amazing to see, and I was blessed and humbled to be their graduation speaker. The potential they represent was brought home to me when I saw a church plant less than a year old with over 75 present. These young people plan to enter God's service as evangelists, church planters, children's workers, and social workers. And such workers are trained for $30 a month. Interested in helping? Contact me!



While there, I also got to see a children's home being built that will serve up to 100 kids in need of care. The cost? $25 a month. Again, contact me if you would like to help.

What is so amazing to me is the progress in ministry I observed since my last trip there in October of 2005. The growth and multiplication of church plants is genuinely startling for someone whose main ministry is here is the USA. Equally amazing is what can be accomplished by people with so few of the resources we take for granted compared to what we do with what we have. I can't help but be humbled, and wonder what needs to happen to reawaken our faith to the possibility that God may want us to change, to repent, to believe that there are many around us who need to be confronted with the power of the Gospel.

No comments: