Sunday, August 05, 2007

Summer Vacation

I've taken a summer hiatus from the blog, and it's not like I've spent an amazing amount of time working on it before the break. But I'm going to be getting back to this a bit more regularly now.

Over the summer...
1. I've visited my daughter in California, and got a chance see her life on her own--a tough experience for a dad, but a good one, too.
2. I've enjoyed a last summer at home with daughter number 2, who heads off to college in Chicago this week. I've been taken aback at just how mature some of her thoughts are (OK, it's not all mature and serious, but she's well on her way).
3. I've been adapting to having a son taller than me, and worse, who is very ready for me to stop treating him like a little kid--most times. I am still adjusting to that.
4. I spoke to families for a week at Camp Patmos, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience of a week on beautiful Lake Erie (growing up in southeast Michigan, Lake Erie was not a place for water recreation, but a polluted soup marked by dead fish--what a change!).
5. we took a family vacation to Myrtle Beach, and loved it. We'll definitely be going back.
6. controversies have swirled around us involving issues big and small at Cedarville University--I've even been alluded to in blogs (only in passing, not a featured role, thankfully).
7. our congregation has continued to bless our family in ways beyond the call of duty, but that leave us feeling loved.
8. I managed to finish the first two chapters of my doctoral project (first draft) and they didn't get rejected. I'm doing some revisions and pressing on.

Much to think about and write about lies ahead, but just wanted to say I'm back and hope your summer has been refreshing!

No comments: