Thursday, December 21, 2006

Way to go, son!

Recently our church had a Christmas Concert for kids, and as a part of the program a number of superheroes were to make an appearance and sing along with the kids. Well, my son volunteered to help the leader of the program, and here you see him, uh, I mean Spiderman, in the kitchen just after his first appearance. The kids loved it and loved him. But as he was out there jammin' away and getting the kids excited to sing along, I was so proud of the kid behind the mask. He has gone from resisting any call to ever do something where people would look at him or he would stand out, to being excited about doing something like this in front of God and everybody else. He is becoming a young man who knows God, knows who he his, and thinks about others. Kids love him, in and out of costume, and he loves helping them. My one question was where in the world he got all the moves he did so effortlessly with the music. That certainly wasn't from me, and no offense, but my wife no more gifted than me when it comes to looking good on the dance floor. Great job, buddy!

No comments: