Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Guess Who Said it?

Who made the following statement?
“The church is the gym of the soul... You need help, you need a trainer, you need to go to a gym and you need guidance. You cannot train yourself. And I feel the same way about Christianity and I feel the same way about what the church is — the church is the gym of the soul. And the priests, the reverends, the ministers, and the pastors are the trainers. They are the ones that guide you.” He continues: “People say ‘I can do it on my own. I can have a one-on-one relationship with god.’ Well, it isn’t quite the same, it isn’t the same. I found that out the hard way. ... The more I go to church and the more I turn myself over to the process of believing in Jesus and listening to His word and having him guide my hand, I feel as though the pressure’s off me now. ... You put in the time, you will reap the benefits.”

The answer, much to my surprise was none other than Sylvester Stallone, writer and star of Rocky Balboa, promoting his film as one that promotes a view of life from his newly rekindled Catholic faith (audio file available at www.thoughtquotient.com)

No comments: