Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ed Stetzer on Missional Churches' Lack of Missions Passion

Ed Stetzer is an incredibly valuable resource to the Church today. His passions for helping revitalize churches and for global missions make much that he writes essential reading. So when I saw his article entitled, Five Reasons Missional Churches Don't Do Global Missions-- and How to Fix It, I had to read it.

You see, I want us to be missional in focus--realizing that every aspect of our lives is to be purposefully engaged for God's glory and gospel penetration of the culture around us. I also want us to see global missions as the task before us as a church. Using both terms--missional and missions--is not always fashionable, but I believe both are important. This article was a great read, and I commend it to anyone who wants a quick introduction to the problem that has plagued many who emphasize missional church life--the loss of zeal for reaching the peoples of the world.

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: