Thursday, March 15, 2007

Soulforce and Sojourners

Mutual Grace, Sojourners Magazine/September/October 2006

A friend sent a copy of this article to me after my earlier posting on this controversy. If you read the article, it presents those schools accepting Soulforce visits in a very positive light, and the quotes from administrators of those schools sound very encouraged by the results of Soulforce's visits. While I agree that the visits could prompt Christians to think deeply about this issue, and perhaps develop much better approaches to reaching out to those trapped in homosexual sin, I didn't read statements also affirming that this has solidified the commitments of the institutions interviewed to a biblical view that rejects both homosexual practices and the acceptance of homosexual desires as normal.

I still trust that the cautious engagement policy adopted by C.U. will work out for the best, but I wonder how much of C.U.'s larger constituency would react if you substituted C.U. for A.P.U. in this Sojourners' article.

No comments: